Our Client, a Warwickshire based service provider and independent consultancy are seeking a Service Evaluation & Repair Process Engineer (SERP) to become part of an established team in an Upstream Service environment at a major OEM. This opportunity is a perfect entry level role for graduate engineers looking to find a way into the automotive industry.
Key tasks will be:
- Undertaking Virtual service assessments of new vehicle and powertrain designs with a view to ensuring serviceability in line with customer requirements
- Generating technical reports based upon these assessments and working with Service specialists to feedback potential serviceability issues to the vehicle designers
- Representing the Service organisation to the design engineering communities and project-managing SERP participation in the product development lifecycle
As a Service Evaluation & Repair Process Engineer (SERP) you will be/have:
- Degree or HND in a relevant field
- Vehicle workshop experience is key. SERP analysis in essence involves replicating workshop service operations in a digital engineering environment. Having a feel for realistic work parameters in service operations is a must
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills are essential
- A tenacious and can do approach to our (and their) business. All of our Client's engineers work directly with our customers
- Excellent computer skills are important and experience of working in the 3D digital environment is helpful.
- Use of CAD and CAD visualisation tools are an important part of the day-to-day role but training in these areas can be offered
- First class organisational and project management skills
- Full Driving License