- Sector: Energy
- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: Lee Elwell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446154
- Expiry Date: 08 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61661
Title: Service Engineer
Location: Newton Abbot, Devon
Salary: Competitive Salary
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Service Engineer to work within our client Customer Support department involved in carrying out all aspects of service, maintenance and Commissioning activities to ensure the highest quality of support for the customer at all times.
The role is global and would suit someone who is multi-disciplined with knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic skills. The work is usually carried out at the customer's site and will involve spending a considerable number of days away from home each year.
Engineers must be able to work on their own initiative and with minimal supervision.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attending site to carry out regular maintenance inspections
- Fault diagnosis and repair on all company supplied equipment
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the customer
- Preparation of accurate reports and timesheets using the current company system
- Work within the current quality management system requirements
- Work safely and with consideration for the safety of others
- Qualified to HNC/HND level in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Maintenance or Mechanical Engineering
- Fault diagnosis experience and knowledge for Electrical and Mechanical equipment
- Principles of operation for Gas Turbines Engines
- Understand the Companies' Policies for health & safety, quality, and the environment
- Be aware of the health & safety of yourself and of others, identify hazards, carry out a risk assessment and prepare a method statement.
- Current valid UK Driving Licence and unrestricted UK Passport
- Siemens 501 engine removal and installation, including calibration and performance test
- Siemens 501 engine repair of Hot Section components and main line bearing replacements
- CX300/400 familiarisation
- Experience of in depth fault diagnosis and repair on any company supplied equipment, Including Digital control systems and main reduction gearbox.
- Vibration survey on engine, gearbox and generator and the analysis of the results
- Knowledge and experience of High Voltage Generator control, protection and Synchronising
- Methods and systems of emissions control
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.