Position - Service Engineer
Location - Covering the North East of the UK
Technology - CNC Machines, Laser Machinery, Hi-tech inspection & vision or precision technology.
Essentials - Electrically biased, understands service industry, knowledge of servo's drive's ASI/Profibus/Profinet/CAN, experience with Siemens or Bosch controls, fault find/diagnostics
Salary - £24,000 - £30,000 depending on industry experience and product knowledge
We are seeking a Service Engineer to join our team to cover the North East region of the UK. As the Service Engineer for Laser equipment you will be responsible for the installation and repair of CNC Machine Tools & related equipment. You will perform preventative maintenance checks of contracted machines, liaise with spares department for ordering and delivery of required spare parts and generate detailed service reports for customer and internal logging.
Key experience and skills required:
- CNC sheet metal working machine tool service (not just maintenance) preferably CNC Laser knowledge / robotics & automation / experience / qualifications.
- Ideally have an electrical / electronics qualification (minimum HNC) or to have completed an apprenticeship in electromechanical engineering
- Computer literate with knowledge of networking as an advantage
- Experienced in servo drives - Bosch and Siemens
- Capable of working to close mechanical tolerances
- Capable of working under pressure
- Proficient in interpersonal skills
- Holder of a full clean UK driving license
This is a field based position with UK travel. Working away from home 3 - 4 nights per week on average should be expected.
To apply for this Service Engineer vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics consultant.