£35k - 40k per year
Permanent position - Kidlington, Oxfordshire
Engineering department - Hygiene process equipment
Salary negotiable + excellent benefits.
Our customer's business is the design, development and delivery of safe, effective and sustainable hygiene solutions for food manufacturing and the facilities management sectors.
We are looking for a Service Engineer to join the Engineering team based at the manufacturing site in Kidlington.
Reporting into the Head of Engineering, the role of the Service Engineer is to build new systems at the development unit in Kidlington and support the installation and commissioning of new systems at customer sites. Once the systems are on a customer's site, you will undertake planned preventative maintenance and provide reactive technical support to other customer sites when required.
You need to be proficient with industrial electrical and electronic systems along with practical skills in terms of being involved in the building and servicing of systems which involve mechanical content such as piping, instrumentation, pumps and assembly/ fitting. You need to be familiar with PLCs and able to fault find within a PLC programme along with familiarity of industrial instrumentation such as flow meters, temperature meters and potentially UV sensors and have a clear understanding of their electronics and functionality within a PLC programme.
Other responsibilities of the role:
- Undertake fault finding, problem solving, establish route cause and find solutions.
- Apply an appropriate level of urgency to escalations and requests for information.
- Working unsupervised and interpret engineering and electrical drawings for a physical build of a new system.
The Service Engineer will require the following skills and experience:
- Ideally qualified IET 18th or 17th Edition
- Experience working as a Service Engineer with practical electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Ideally experience working as a Service Engineer within a regulatory manufacturing business - Water, medical device, food or similar industry.
- Knowledge of design of automated manufacturing or special purpose equipment would be beneficial.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience in Service Engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.