Position - Service Engineer (mainly conveyor systems)
Location - UK wide
Salary - negotiable depending on skills and experience
We have a requirement for a Field Service Engineer to join our business. You will be responsible for providing effective servicing, maintenance and repair of customer equipment, in particular of conveyor systems. You may also be responsible for installation, modification or commissioning as required
Key requirements for the Service Engineer vacancy includes:
- Qualified to HNC level or with the equivalent level of experience, you will have a sound knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering
- From a commissioning, service or maintenance background, you will have gained experience of fault finding and rectification of conveyor systems.
- Experience working on related plant equipment (i.e ovens, booths, fans and pumps) will also be beneficial.
- You should ideally be from a process industry, automotive, aerospace or related industry
- You will have the ability to liaise with the customer at all levels, supervise and manage contractors and project manage small projects
- The ability to deliver on site training and seek out selling opportunities for products and services would be an additional advantage
- You will be methodical and accurate with strong communication and problem solving skills. You will be self-motivated and have the ability to prioritise and plan workloads and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. You will need to have a flexible approach and be able to work independently and within a team
- You will be working on customer sites, mainly in the UK but occasionally overseas, for short and extended periods, often working weekends. You will therefore need to be flexible with regards to travel and working time
To apply for the Service Engineer vacancy please email your CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant at Jonathan Lee Recruitment