Negotiable dependant on industry experience
8 months ago
Field based covering the South East of England
Salary negotiable dependant on industry experience
Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week over core hours between 06:00 and 18:00.
My client are a national company that supplies a wide range of motive power batteries and chargers with high levels of reliability for all industrial applications, meeting the very highest standards in quality, technology and efficiency.
They are seeking an experienced Service Engineer to join our existing Service team. The ideal service engineer will have previous battery and charger engineering experience within a similar field or they will consider applications from engineer with power battery knowledge and offer further training.
Reporting to the UK Service Manager the Service Engineer will cover the South East of England supporting the service team in maintenance and installation of batteries and industrial chargers.
- Maintenance, installation and repair of batteries and industrial chargers on customer sites to agreed standards and technical specification
- Brief the customer on the practical use and maintenance of the equipment. Recommend the purchase of new or replacement products as appropriate.
- Identify business development opportunities to negotiate the sale of any new or replacement products whilst on customer’s site.
- Respond to breakdowns and carry out the necessary fault diagnosis and repair submitting accurate reports via PDA
- Any other reasonable duties as instructed
- Proactive attitude toward Health and Safety demonstrating engagement with safety campaigns and near miss reporting to improve safety and reduce workplace incidents.
- Good technical hands on skills, in a related field.
- Good attention to detail and an orderly approach to completing jobs
- Strong customer service focus
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Full UK driving licence as the role is field based and company van will be provided for business use.
Qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of large-scale batteries and chargers – preferable but not essential.
- Electrical or electronic qualification – C&G, 17th edition, ONC, NVQ etc – preferable but not essential.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon if you are an experienced engineer with a good knowledge of industrial battery and charger products, with a proactive focus to tasks and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Julie Thomas at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.