Industry/Sector: Automation & Robotics
Salary: £35,000 - £39,000
A new Service Engineer is required for a leading automation and robotics manufacturer within their field. With manufacturing operations in the UK and US, my client ensures a complete and high-quality design, build and service offering to meet their client’s requirements.
My client is looking for a multi-skilled and experienced Service Engineer who can respond to requirements and diagnose, report, fix or install equipment.
Previous experience of working in a technical engineering and service position, with a technical qualification or relevant experience in an electrical, robotics or related field would be preferred. Domestic and international travel is required for this position to support installation, repairs, upgrades and service requirements.
The role of Service Engineer will include the following:
- Become familiar with all aspects of laboratory automation and assembling bespoke automated systems.
- Assist with the manufacture of robotic work cells as required.
- Part of the installation team to re-assemble robotic work cells on our customers sites globally.
- Attend customer site on short notice to analyse reported issues and perform repairs.
- Communicate accurately with customers and formally record agreements
- Assist customers remotely to identify nature of reported issues and resolve where possible, before conducting site visit
The suitable candidate for Service Engineer will need to possess the following competences:
- Problem solver able to overcome unforeseen challenges quickly & effectively
- Understanding of PC- Based systems (TCP/IP, RS232).
- Fundamental programming skills advantageous
- Independent thinker with acute attention to detail
- Proficient in using hand power tools such as Circular & jig saws, drills & taps.
- A proven history in mechanical, automation engineering or related discipline
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of automation and you’re a multi-skilled engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Service Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.