A position has become available within the Industrial Design Department for a Senior Interaction Designer. you will be working for Europe's biggest manufacturer of construction equipment and we export over 75% of our products to 150 countries around the world.
Overview of the role:
Design and innovation is at the heart of the company's ethos, and this role offers the opportunity to help shape the future of how they interact with machines and services.
Reporting to the Head of Design, you will function on a daily basis as a part of the in-house Industrial Design team primarily working on in-cab experiences &and overseeing the designs through to production in conjunction with electronic engineering team.
You will be responsible for leading product research, strategy, information architecture development, and interaction design to create products at every touchpoint (embedded, web and app) in the customer's experience.You will create a unique, delightful and cohesive experience by developing and incorporating Digital DNA across all products, systems, services and interpersonal transactions, to communicate the voice of our end users to Business Units and the context in which the two come together.
As we are a small team we are looking for a multi-disciplined individual that is able to translate the business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
Your Responsibilities as a Senior Interaction Designer:
- Create simple, beautiful and intuitive user interfaces that will provide class leading in-cab experiences
- Responsible for user experience design as well as user interface development, the individual will lead projects from research to initial wireframes, and then right through to visual design and final prototype delivery
- Manage the UI/UX process and track projects through our new product development process to ensure design intent is delivered to customers
- Collaborate with the various disciplines design researchers, product designers, product managers, electronic and development engineers
- Work with the Head of Design to build the UX/UI understanding and quality across the business to ensure consistency and class leading solutions
- Work on a huge variety of projects across a rich spectrum of market sectors and geographies
- Lead the creation of design guidelines and digital brand manuals
- Work closely with electronic engineers to ensure the feasibility of your concepts and the fidelity of the final output
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking
- Work in an international environment
To apply for this position you should have:
- A minimum Ba /Bsc (Hons) Graphic Design / UX Design / Interaction / Product degree (or similar) with extensive proven industry experience of UX, UI, or IxD
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrates a range of embedded systems or similar product experiences
- Passionate about our brand and machines, with an appetite to drive innovation and deliver class leading experiences / products
- Highly skilled in a variety of design software and prototyping tools, knowledge of Crank would be useful
- Ability to deliver under pressure whilst maintaining quality of output is essential
- Ability to interpret and develop our brand language across all digital touchpoint's
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to embedded applications and consumer electronics
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to present at very senior level
- Proven experience achieved through exposure to Automotive and Product Design working environments
- You must have hands on experience of managing multiple programs of work simultaneously
- You must be prepared to travel overseas to tradeshows, user research or work with our design centers in India and America