A Senior Thermal Comfort Engineer is required to join a company who design and manufacture state of the art products for a global market. This role sits within the Environmental Control team of our Automotive function.
- Focus on understanding new and industry leading technologies, simulation techniques and experimental validation in the field of automotive (vehicle) occupant Thermal Comfort.
- Have the ability to understand the overall vehicle concept and contribute to the design/development of the cabin Environmental Control (HVAC) systems through the use of knowledge of the latest technologies/methods in airflow systems and mechanistics.
- Provide detailed analysis of system models that help ensure the physical solutions are reliable and fit for purpose.
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that system performance expectations are met.
- Develop and perform test plans and methods for simulation and solution validation (DVP development).
- When necessary develop the research / experimentation required to fill the gaps in fundamental knowledge.
- Communicate clearly and effectively the results to a broad spectrum of project members and senior management.
- Challenge and develop engineering practices to continuously improve efficiency. Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate transfer to other teams internally.
- Minimum BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng degree (2:1 or better) in Building Science or equivalent Engineering degree
- Demonstrable level of industrial experience in Thermal Comfort/Wellness measurement, or Mechanistic Analysis.
- Knowledge of Thermophysiology / Sensorial data acquisition and analysis
- Experience using/implementing sensorial models : the Berkeley Thermal Comfort Model (desirable), ASHRAE Thermal Comfort Model (desirable)
- Experience with thermal measurement systems electronics, and sensors - selecting and implementing
- Appreciation of other engineering disciplines such fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
- Ability to develop mathematics based models for performance prediction, design and analysis
- Ability to analyse large data sets and condense into simple learnings summaries and presentations Test and Validation:
- Knowledge of test planning and preparation, along with ability to run robust and repeatable tests (gauge R&R, SixSigma, etc) for the purpose of detailed data acquisition and simulation validation.
- Experienced in running experiments involving people
- Desire to develop and grow knowledge in the respective field
- Ability to work across a number of different project areas and systems simultaneously
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.