3 months ago
Senior Test Systems – Electrical Engineer – Milton Keynes - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is a highly regarded engineering consultancy, that has pioneered the application of high performance electric drives across a range of high technology sectors, notably in the automotive and motorsport arena. They are now expanding their development teams and require a high-calibre and ambitious Test Systems Engineer to design and develop new and existing test equipment and test systems utilised within the company.
As Senior Test Systems – Electrical Engineer – You will be required to
- Evaluate test system requirements, and produce conceptual designs, either from blank sheet or through development of current systems.
- Generate costs and timing plans for new and developed test equipment in order to evaluate project feasibility.
- Collaborate and where necessary lead a multi-disciplinary team, to generate and implement solutions.
- Perform detailed design of new test equipment and systems in accordance with the conceptual design whilst maintaining project costs and timing.
- Oversee the assembly phase of a project ensuring that new items of equipment are assembled correctly and finished to the highest standard.
- Carry out commissioning of new test systems that have been designed/manufactured inhouse or purchased externally.
- Carrying out risk assessments and other safety procedures as necessary.
- Generate clear user documentation and train system users as necessary.
- Provide engineering input to support the maintenance of test equipment employed within the company.
- Support urgent issue resolution that arise with test systems as necessary.
- Ensure that projects adhere to the pre-agreed cost and timing plans.
- Ensure that project records are collated and maintained for future reference.
As Senior Test Systems – Electrical Engineer – You will be
- Degree qualified and have knowledge of variable speed drives, instrumentation and control systems.
- Knowledge of best practice for electrical earthing for both safety and noise (EMI) immunity.
- Ability to design and document electrical circuits and panels in 2D CAD systems, including wiring schematics and layout drawings.
- Experience with PLC systems is useful, but not essential.
- Able to deliver high quality work with minimum supervision. Exhibit good planning and organisational skills.
- Clear communication skills. Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing workloads. Ability to multi-task.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.