- Sector: Truck & Bus
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 15 November 2021
- Job Ref: 58042
Senior Test Engineer
Peterlee, County Durham (Some Remote working)
Up to £38/hr (Inside IR35)
Duration: 6 month initial contract
Off Highway - Test & Development, Articulated Trucks
The Test & Development Department is responsible for collecting facts and data, performing detailed analysis of that information to add value, and documenting these validation activities across all sizes and models within the Articulated Truck family. This includes NPI (New Product Introduction), NTI (New Technology Introduction) and Current Product Maintenance and can be across any aspect of part, system or whole machine level.
The successful candidate will primarily carry out Articulated Truck validation duties. Key responsibilities will include understanding customers test requirements, agreeing deliverables in a technical contract, planning/set up of data logging systems to capture required data, performance of testing, detailed analysis to develop understanding, and technical reporting of validation against regulatory and commercial specifications.
- Supporting the Product Group design and performance efforts
- Supporting Component Groups to integrate their efforts and deliverables
- Supporting Manufacturing Operations to protect the customer from any quality concerns
- Processing of technical specifications and ISO standards into test specifications
- Deliver instrumentation to successfully capture any physical, electrical or logic parameter that is required to document machine performance.
- Programming, calibration and use of data logger (HBM eDAQ),
- Performing complex analysis work, identifying and resolving design problems
- Using data to providing technical leadership to Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Marketing, Sales, Service and other areas.
- Communicating technical information to team members, suppliers and other departments in a concise and accurate manner
Skills and Experience - Essential:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in accredited Engineering, Computer Science or Materials Science, and substantial relevant experience.
- Experience of working in a design/development environment
- Experience of demonstrating product capability against specifications
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to perform complex assignments
- Experience of working in a machine test environment, including instrumentation.
- Experience of validating performance to ISO standards.
- Experience of eDAQ data loggers.
- Experience of working with CANape.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.