- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 02 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60169
Senior Test, Development and Calibration Engineer – Advanced Engines – Bedfordshire / Remote working - £ Temp to Perm - Competitive DOE
Our client is developing a novel high efficiency / low pollution engine for heavy duty transport and power. This innovative solution is attracting huge interest as an environmentally positive and practical solution to future emissions legislation. The company is now running prototype hardware and has well-funded and ambitious plans to rapidly industrialise the technology.
The successful candidate will conduct and lead the test activity, modify engine calibration and sign off the test results.
As Senior Test, Development and Calibration Engineer – You will be required to
- Plan and conduct engine tests to support Performance, Economy, functional requirements and calibration to support overall program requirements
- Maintain data quality and test result integrity and repeatability by working with the inhouse team.
- Plan, manage and deliver various tests to a tight time scales.
- Demonstratable ability to problem solve, analyse data & formally present & report on the outcome.
- Ability to run, a wide variety of rig, powertrain and vehicle tests to demonstrate performance, and efficiency of a range of different engine concepts, technologies and fuels.
- Calibration experience and understanding of strategy and control including tools such INCA
- Hands on testing and test problem solving experience.
- Ability to assimilate and analyse large quantities of data and post process using in house toolchain to facilitate the smooth running of test cells.
- Develop a good understanding of test methods and standards for the test facility.
- To provide test result data in a clear concise, accurate and timely manner to support programme milestone reporting.
- To lead test cell issue resolutions where necessary in order to identify primary system issue and help lead 8D problem solving.
As Senior Test, Development and Calibration Engineer – You will have
- A relevant degree and experience of internal combustion engine design.
- Be fluent in engine systems technology and engineering.
- Experience in test cell operation, calibration, and test & development for performance, economy and emissions.
- Have held significant responsibility in an engine development programme.
- SME and / or start up experience and be attracted by the unique challenges and opportunities of a small business.
Suitably qualified and experienced Senior Test, Development and Calibration Engineersshould apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.