Senior Test and Development Engineer
Permanent - Competitive
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Test and Development Engineer to join a Global Off Highway OEM. You will join the Excavator Engineering team responsible for Compact, Heavy and Wheeled Excavators.
The successful candidate will join a highly focused, passionate team, working on exciting new programmes to both maintain and further extend our clients Excavator range of machines; your main duties would include:
- Test and development of new and current product designs.
- Machine driving and operation, including benchmarking.
- Problem analysis and proposal of design solutions.
- Analysis, reporting and presentation of test results.
- Design, commissioning and operation of test rigs.
- Liaise with internal / external customers / departments, as required during projects.
- Assume responsibility for smaller projects/machine areas, dependant on experience.
- Product homologation and legislative conformance.
- Provide information for Engineering Sign Off records, DVPSOR's and Technical Construction Files.
- Supervision of XP resource allocated to assist with development tasks and support prototype builds.
- Attend design / development meetings and reviews with the Engineering Management as appropriate.
- Degree / HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or have equivalent experience.
- Experience in the design / development of off highway vehicles (ideally 360° Excavators).
- Good working knowledge of drivetrain, hydraulics and electrical / electronic systems.
- Enthusiastic attitude, coupled with a sense of urgency and desire to succeed.
- Good teamwork and communication skills with ability to influence change.
- Good working knowledge of data acquisition, processing and vehicle testing.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.