Salary negotiable + benefits
about 1 month ago
Senior Technician - Mechanical Testing Laboratory
Permanent position - Watford
Salary negotiable + excellent benefits.
We have a great new vacancy for a Mechanical Testing Technician to work for a Company who are a world leader in research and approvals within the construction, fire detection, fire suppression and sustainability products sector.
Due to an increasing volume of work, we have an opportunity for a Senior Technician to join a Mechanical Testing and Cables Laboratory. The work will involve setting up the Mechanical Testing Laboratory along with responsibility for purchasing, installation, commissioning, calibration and support to initiate the application to final approval for UKAS accreditation. If you have worked in a similar environment and are looking for a challenging role that gives you the opportunity to get involved in the full breadth of activity in a mechanical testing lab, this role will suit you.
To apply for the role, you should have the following skills or experience:
- Mechanical testing experience, ideally within the cables testing sector.
- Ability to create and work to laboratory testing procedures.
- Previous experience of commissioning test facilities is highly desirable.
- Experience and previous knowledge of maintaining test equipment, calibration and quality records.
- Experience working to Standards, Directives and UKAS accreditation procedures.
- Ability to build and maintain good customer relationship skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and other databases
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations relevant to the testing, electrical and construction sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Mechanical Technician and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.