- Sector: Defence & Aviation
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 10 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59744
Senior Systems Modelling Consultant – Permanent – Attractive
Aerospace and Defence – Hertfordshire and WFH
Due to expansion a Senior Systems Modelling Consultant is required within a leading Telecoms, Satellite and Space Systems Technology Company. The successful Senior Systems Modelling Consultant will lead the modelling & simulation activities on a range of defence and commercial satellite mission projects. The Senior Systems Modelling Consultant will be responsible for modelling concept of operations, systems performance, and design in support of ground and space architectures intended to service next generation space capabilities.
The Responsibilities for the Senior Systems Modelling Consultant
- Define space, ground and mission architectures for LEO and GEO missions in Earth Observation, Communications and Navigation applications.
- Analytically construct complex mission’s systems into representative models & build a system model.
- Define mission operations scenarios, conducting representative simulations using technical analysis.
- Develop end-to-end space system architecture analysis and simulating operational tasking.
- Utilise various mission analysis techniques and software tools, such as MATLAB, SIMULINK, etc.
- Integrate third party models and simulations from industry and academia into mission wide models.
- Lead complex space-based and ground segment architecture trade-off studies.
- Lead system-level integration and validation activities during system prototyping and development.
- Initiating and leading analysis activities for space-based satellite systems, including system utility, capacity, subsystem modelling, and performance assessments.
- Conduct functional analysis, timeline analysis and detailed trade-off studies.
- Develop bespoke analysis tools, visualizations, and media presentations.
- Communicate clear and concise insights and observations based on complex analytical models.
- Technical data interpretation to senior-level leadership and customers.
- Mentoring junior and mid-level systems engineers and reviewing their work for quality.
- Support the Company Business Development team and provide inputs for commercial tenders.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required for the Senior Systems Modelling Consultant
- Graduate with a good Honours or Master’s Degree in a relevant subject.
- Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative.
- UK or NATO Security clearance required or at least the ability successfully apply for clearance.
- In depth knowledge of space-based Earth Observation, Communication, and Navigation Systems.
- Knowledge and experience of various mission analysis techniques and software tools.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, SIMULINK, etc.
- Hands-on work with data simulation toolsets.
- Experience in Concept of Operations development for space-based programs.
- Understanding of Agile software development practices.
- Background working with structured software systems engineering standards.
- Experience in using physics-based modelling and data simulation routines.
- Programming skills in scripting language such as MATLAB, Interactive Data Language (IDL), Python.
**Security Clearance will be required due to the nature of the systems and products involved**
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Senior Systems Modelling Consultant, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either 01384 446127 or email suitable CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.