- Sector: Land systems
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 16 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59823
Senior Systems Engineer - Defence and Military Systems
Permanent – Attractive - Shropshire or North-East
A Senior Systems Engineer is required to join an International Defence Systems company that designs, manufactures, and supports world leading military Systems. The successful Senior Systems Engineer will be integrated into the team and be involved with large Military Engineering Programmes. As part of the team, you will be given the opportunity of professional development and career progression.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be working as part of engineering team to develop Systems solutions as required. The Senior Systems Engineer requires a high level of technical expertise in order that the products meet the required level of safety, quality, and performance.
The Senior Systems Engineer must be a team player to provide engineering capability and complex Systems engineering solutions. The Senior Systems Engineer will be getting involved in the design & integration of equipment at the system and sub-system levels.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the day-to-day activities associated with the life cycle development of a sub-system
- System design and integration at the system and sub-system level
- Production of system specifications and designs which fulfil contractual requirements
- Requirements management and production of technical specifications
- Management of all technical issues with customers and suppliers to ensure compliance
- System design and integration into military vehicle platforms
- Acceptance and verification testing of systems
- Safety, EMC, risk, reliability, and maintainability, in conjunction with subject matter experts
- Produce and check drawings, schemes, design specifications, technical plans, and reports
- Assist in the validation of any systems / equipment
- Generation of test schedules, integration plans and writing/investigation of technical reports
- Maintain an up to date understanding of technical / engineering developments
- Schedule own work to meet target timescales and budget demands
- Undertake cross-checking of peers’ work to ensure completeness and quality as required
- Ensure engineering designs address the following: Safety, Design for manufacture (DFM) and Design to target cost.
The Senior Systems Engineer should have the following Qualifications Skills or Experience:
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Previous experience and knowledge of military vehicle or safety critical electronics
- Design of components and systems to support on-going product development
- Ability to adopt innovative approaches to technical solutions and processes
- Flexible in approach to work ensuring delivery is achieved
- Competent in the use of Microsoft based products (Excel, Word, and Project)
- Good engineering and systems problem-solving skills
- Be self-motivated and be able to work in a team.
**Security Clearance (SC) will be required due to the nature of the Defence products involved**
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience ofthe Systems Engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Systems Engineer role, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446127 or send suitable CV’s firstname.lastname@example.org