- Sector: Defence & Aviation
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 10 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60003
Senior Systems Engineer – Permanent – Bristol Area
Attractive – Aerospace & Defence
A Senior Systems Engineer is required within an Advanced Aerospace and Defence Services Organisation. The Senior Systems Engineer will be one of the key players in technical services and technology solutions and Innovation of new technologies within research and development environment.
The Senior Systems Engineer will need a good understanding of aircraft landing gear systems and equipment to join the Systems & Safety team. The Senior Systems Engineer will be predominantly based in Bristol with occasional travel to client's sites as required.
As the Senior Systems Engineer you will be required to:
- Supporting system/equipment design, development & certification activities.
- Supporting system and equipment level modifications.
- Working to resolve in-service systems issues.
- Preparation and/or checking of documentation for the equipment/system design process.
- Running/supporting/attending internal/external systems design reviews.
- Supporting certification test planning activities, systems test analysis and documentation.
The Senior Systems Engineer should have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Ideally degree qualified, in a related discipline.
- Experienced in aerospace systems engineering principles processes and standards.
- Knowledge of Equipment/system design, development and/or certification for aircraft.
- Fixed and/or rotary wing aircraft equipment/system design and development.
- Familiarity with typical electro-mechanical / hydro-mechanical components.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems and structures used with the landing gear of aircraft.
- Experience of DO178B/DO254 Software/Hardware design.
- Knowledge of ARP4754 - Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems
- Awareness of industry requirements / specifications
- Working within a quality system environment
- Ability to lead activities within a team, work package creation, management, and delivery.
- An ability to manage multiple tasks, to work independently when required.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including a diplomatic and professional approach.
- The capability to work efficiently and accurately, with an attention to detail.
** Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the systems involved**
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon and to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Systems Engineer, then please contact:
Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446127 or email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.