- Sector: Electronics & embedded
- Function: Embedded Systems & Electronics
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58426
Senior Systems Engineer – Milton Keynes - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is a highly regarded engineering consultancy, that has pioneered the application of high performance electric drives across a range of high technology sectors, notably in the automotive and motorsport arena. As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will participate in and drive activities such as requirement specification, requirements management, system architecture design, software architecture design, implementation, DVP and Test planning, test and integration. You will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in systems engineering activities, requirements management and developing and implementing model-based control strategies for complex electro-mechanical systems. This is a medium to high experience position working on mainly passenger car hybrid control and inverter system applications and it encompasses design and development (concept through to production).
As Senior Systems Engineer – You will be required to
- Develop and manage requirements for inverter systems
- Drive and develop requirements management toolchain (e.g. DOORs, Polarion, Cardle) and support and develop systems and software process workflow
- Manage all V-cycle systems engineering activities – be the champion for systems engineering process and drive process management and improvements across the company
- Support SW team with development of control software for electric machine inverter systems and hybrid vehicle applications
- Support development of testing and validation plans for inverter systems
- Support system architecture design with model based tools (e.g. SysML)
- Drive ISO26262 functional safety activities for system, software and hardware
- Support system analysis activities such as FMEA, FTA, HAZOP
- Support SW team to develop, test, validate and verify high level control algorithms in MATLAB & Simulink (eg: Motor control, FOC, battery voltage, engine cranking, Filtering, Fault handling, etc.)
- Test control algorithms through SiL, MiL, PiL and HiL test processes
- Support hardware commissioning, motor dyno testing and data analysis tasks for fault finding.
- Provide customer support and documentation.
As Senior Systems Engineer– You will be
- Degree-qualified in either Controls, Software, Electronics or in a related Engineering field
- Able to demonstrate a track record of success in developing and implementing model-based control strategies for complex electro-mechanical / automotive control applications.
- Familiar with the Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow – model based development toolchain
- Mathworks Embedded Coder and other toolboxes or dSPACE TargetLink
- Developing system requirements and system architecture, model-based development for simulation and software
- MATLAB & Simulink user, comfortable with model-based system design and architecture development.
- Able to perform software unit and integration testing.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.