- Sector: Defence
- Function: Supply chain
- Contact: Dan Plimmer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446 174
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58090
Senior Supply Chain Specialist
Military, MOD Sector, Military Vehicle Programme
Salary circa £50,000. 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, bonus, excellent pension, healthcare
The role will be responsible for developing Supply Chain reporting and analysis capability, developing in combination with stakeholders suitable reporting tools for Supply Chain KPIs and Inventory management practices to improve the current level of material availability while reducing the amount of inventory held.
The role will also directly support the efficient delivery of a Logistics service by providing capacity and other planning information for the Supply Chain Manager to utilise.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Materials Management Team to deliver an efficient service, help to develop the team and permit a continuous improvement ethos.
- Provide the interface between Projects, Logistics, Procurement, & Engineering to create and implement a reporting tools and inventory management policies.
- Develop robust process of procurement & inventory reporting & accurate and timely analysis.
- Optimise inventory levels/ process /procurement to increase stock availability and reduce costs.
- Provide future demand and capacity planning for company Stores.
- Develop best practice inventory management process and policies.
- Ensure compliance with the SHE Management System, mitigating risks and improving overall SHE performance within the team.
- Communicate effectively, in confidence with tact and diplomacy, with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Resolve issues and customer enquiries to maintain service levels Any other duties or responsibilities that may be deemed necessary by the business, and commensurate with the grade abilities.
What Qualifications and Experience You Should Have
- Have knowledge, experience of working with Import/Export teams and Procurement.
- Have a broad knowledge of the company, its structure and relevant policies and procedures on the BMS.
- Have experience and good understanding of MRP and SAP work orders.
- Understand the culture of the organisation and the external climate affecting it.
- Have experience in Project facing role with excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines on a range of tasks at any one time.
- Be proficient in the use of SAP and MS Office suite and in using EXCEL for data analysis.
- Be competent mathematical skills and financially aware.
- Have a good understanding of inventory management policies & process (VMI, JIT, consignment)
- Good understanding of Export requirements, including hazardous materials and Controlled Products (ITAR, EAR, Section 5 etc).
- Understanding of factors which may impact on material delivery (Shelf Life, Hazard Codes, Magnetic influence, test certificates, etc).
- Hold awareness of general H&S/Environmental regulations and safe working practices.
SPECIALIST SKILLS REQUIRED:
- To be capable of resolving issues and confident to escalate if necessary to senior level.
- To be capable of working under pressure and delivering against tight deadlines.
- To be confident in challenging conventional process when and where appropriate to meet project requirements; identify problems to suggest opportunities for improvement.
- To gather and check information to solve problems using known approaches and solutions.
- To implement positively new ideas proposed, suggesting adaptations where this will lead to further improvement.
LEADERSHIP: PEOPLE MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- People management skills that motivate the team to deliver effectively against tight schedules/ deadlines.
- Leadership skills and behaviours that enable the development of the team and permit a continuous improvement ethos.
- Leads by example in behaviours and actions.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.