A leading engineering support services organisation is seeking a Senior Supply Chain Manager to lead the supply chain team who plan and manage inventory, determine buy strategies and manage the warehousing and distribution of parts across workshop operations.
- work closely with Directors, internal customers, external customers and other functions in the progression and monitoring of materiel supply
- this role encompasses material flow, warehousing, parts kitting, transport, returns, material control, planning, inventory management, parts management, operational procurement, supplier management and customer service.
- ensure all H&S standards and policies are adhered to in accordance with company standards and ways of working 'Home Safe Every Day'.
- this role is subject to US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) legislative requirements and therefore the successful candidate must meet and demonstrate the criteria stipulated within the ITAR.
- provide clear and strategic leadership to staff to ensure they have the appropriate skills, tools and motivation to ensure effective delivery of objectives
- support and respond to the requirements of Workshop Operations and other customers to ensure supply chain is considered in all matters and that the solutions applied can be delivered capably
- be responsible for the continuous improvement of the supply chain
- develop the Standard Operating Model to deliver an inherently capable and quiet supply chain solution
- lead an inventory management approach to provide the best balance between cost and availability of parts
Experience and Qualifications
- a degree or relevant professional qualification and have recent experience in a senior capacity of supply chain management in a major complex organisation
- strong understanding of change management principles
- strong experience of operational management in a multi-site environment
- excellent organisational skills and expertise in managing change involving multi-disciplinary stakeholders/groups and the ability to deliver objectives within tight deadlines.
- an ability to develop and sustain relationships with individuals at all levels in an organisation (both internal and external), including the ability to engage with and influence senior stakeholders.
- demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience of developing business cases, programme reports, and giving presentations.
- strong leadership and collaborative working skills, and facilitation and coaching skills as evidenced through operating in a programme management environment.
- willingness to travel within the UK
- Full driving licence
- Knowledge of working within the Defence industry
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage resources, in both a line and networked environment.
- An ability to prioritise/ organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to, and to successfully deliver under pressure, whilst displaying ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Proven experience of operational delivery in a complex, time critical environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability in supply chain management.
- Able to work closely with all relevant stakeholders to deliver change.
- An understanding of the challenges of MoD commercial and cultural working methods.
- Ability to relate to supplier, client and customer needs at all levels with respect to operational delivery requirements.
This is a full-time permanent position supporting operations primarily in Donnington, Telford but extend to 13 locations across the UK.
Interested in the above role?
Please contact Kate Stevens on Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment - closing date for applications May 2018.