Senior Supply Chain Manager - Inbound
Salary c. £55,000 + Attractive Benefits Package
Senior Supply Chain Manager - Inbound. With a record 2018, and ambitious plans to continue its growth well into the next decade this iconic British luxury Automotive brand is seeking a talented Senior Supply Chain Manager Inbound. Now a true multi-site organisation, with its UK sites in the Midlands and South Wales it is investing heavily in its supply chain. Recruiting a Senior Supply Chain professional with a proven track record of managing all aspects of material planning and logistics within a demanding and evolving environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Materials Planning and Logistics professional to have responsibility for managing production material supply from order intake and supplier schedules, through to the manufacturing of vehicles and delivery to the customer. Encompassing all aspects of material planning and logistics to establish current and future new model introduction; determining the Supplier strategy (in conjunction with the Procurement team) and the subsequent tactical plans to implement change whilst maintaining the daily operational needs. You should be able to develop strong relationships with Suppliers, Procurement, Manufacturing and the Supply Chain Pipeline teams to ensure optimal Supplier Delivery performance, with minimal arrears and no misfits to line.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead and manage the Inbound Supply Teams, ensuring smooth running of all Production Components to line.
- Manage Inbound Supply teams to deliver all Production Components against our required build programme
- Work with Suppliers to improve delivery performance & arrears reduction.
- Support supplier sourcing and performance reviews to create best in class (BiC) solutions with Procurement & Quality.
- Own cost of inventory and days of supply - Determine annual reduction in inventory and activities to achieve.
- Optimise supplier delivery solutions in partnership with Lead Logistics Provider (LLP)
- Own and lead the operational supply chain strategy development (in line with the overall Procurement Commodity Strategies) - consider future business needs and Logistics 'best practice' - with a strong vision for change from which annual tactical goals are developed.
- Project management for the implementation of any new logistics facilities, IT and processes to support.
- Strong Inventory management with robust financial reporting & compliance and departmental budget control, minimising obsolescence
- Budget control for inbound Supply and LLP logistics operations with all projects having a total cost / financially justified business case
- Manage the site compliance for inventory management and accuracy.
Looking for a new challenge, are you able to demonstrate a proven track record of success of managing cyclical logistics processes and complex supply chains across all areas including vehicle launch? Managing an Inbound Supply team within a dynamic manufacturing and supply chain environment, undergoing rapid change in a time critical environment - JIT, Kanban and Lean working methods? If so we would like to hear from you, please contact Lisa Osborne directly on 01384 446162 or email