Supply Chain Manager
Salary: Circa £55k + full benefits package
An experienced supply chain and supplier relationship specialist is required for this bespoke manufacturing company that produces unique high value items of exceptional quality and value. The business has built its reputation by using only the finest quality materials that are sourced worldwide. To further develop its products the company will need to source new materials and suppliers and further develop its relationship with current key strategic suppliers. To achieve this critical business objective, you will have a track record that clearly demonstrates and ability to build robust working relationships and collaborative partnerships. This is a new position within the business that will require a resilient and tenacious approach but represents a great opportunity to create a professional and highly effective supply chain management function.
To be considered for this Supply Chain Manager position you must have or be:
- Held a Supplier Relationship Manager or Supply Chain Manager position working within a low volume/high value, project-based, multi-material, manufacturing environment.
- Excellent supplier development experience with a thorough understanding of value/cost and able to negotiate the very best commercial terms.
- Established KPIs and SLAs that actively promote collaboration and support supplier relationships.
- A good understanding of lean manufacturing and lean supply chain methodologies that will ensure QCD are achieved.
- A degree in a relevant engineering, manufacturing or purchasing discipline ideally supported by professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).
- A real passion for building relationships with the ability to influence and negotiate sound contractual agreements that secure the highest levels of service, quality, cost & supply.
- A confident and professional approach, a strong communicator with a real eye for detail that is supported by excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- A team player, self-directed, who will make things happen with strong influencing skills, with the ability to bring people on the journey, create understanding and desire to change.
This will be a challenging and interesting position that presents a unique opportunity to work with a range of diverse material and service suppliers on a truly global basis. You must have the flexibility to travel internationally with the drive and tenacity to develop an efficient and effective supply chain function from first principles on your own. At present it is likely that you are working as a Supply Chain or Client Relationship Manager and looking for a role that has both challenge and variety.