Competitive Plus Benefits
Job title: Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Salary: £Competitive Plus Benefits
Quality, Supplier Engineer, Production, Warranty, Auditing, SQA, Root Cause Analysis, Leadership, QMS, MSA, PPAP, APQP, NPI
A leading provider automotive manufacturer based in the Norfolk area is seeking a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to support them in rationalisation and development of their suppliers for new vehicle launch programmes.
As a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be focused on site supplier quality related activities as part of a larger Quality team that will deliver visible and measurable improvement of the production supplier base worldwide by implementing best practice automotive quality and supply chain strategies. To assist in managing supplier’s quality activities within the supplier base to ensure day to day production targets are achieved. This will involve defect prevention and timely problem resolution.
- Manage production related PPAP and concern resolution activities for current production series and new projects
- Produce reports including action plans for management, supplier development plans and CCARs.
- Manage, plan and carryout supplier manufacturing site assessments.
- Develop and agree supplier development activity plan with internal stakeholders ensuring the team meets the plan and PPM/Quality improvements are achieved.
- NPI and/or new supply source, develop PPAP activity plan in conjunction with SQ projects team.
- Ensure all supplier visits are completed to process and any actions raised are taken to closure.
- Report part approval status.
- Current Production Support, interface with Resident SQ team to ensure issues are prioritised and addressed in a timely manner to minimise any effect on production and quality targets.
- Experience of quality tools such 8D, FMEA, APQP Control plans, MSA, SPC & Process Mapping.
- Support SQA site manager and SQA engineers to meet supplier quality targets and requirements.
Key skills and experiences:
- HND/HNC or Degree level in Engineering or similar related discipline
- Broad understanding of manufacturing processes related to automotive production
- Technically aware and capable of interpreting manufacturing processes
- Automotive OEM or 1st Tier supplier experience having performed as an SQE/SDE
- Effective communication skills with the drive to resolve supplier related quality and production problems with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate a quality mind set and can-do approach to problem solving with the willingness to travel worldwide at short notice, working at suppliers` sites to resolve problems
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Supplier Quality Engineer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.