Senior Stress Engineers - Gloucester
We have an exciting opportunity a Senior Stress Engineer for a world leading Landing Gear Systems supplier for the design, development and manufacture in the aerospace industry at their facility in Gloucester.
The Senior Stress Engineers will be expected to write / design Stress reports without supervision and identify and author Stress analysis work packages for completion by approved outsourced teams.
Senior Stress Engineers will:
- Expected to write / design Stress reports without supervision.
- Identify and author Stress analysis work packages for completion by approved outsourced teams.
- Work autonomously with little supervision.
- Use ABAQUS and Catia as well as other recognised FEA and fatigue software tools.
- Complete static Hand calculations competently.
- Analyse and report on Landing Gear structural design packages as well as Test programme correlation.
- An occasional need to travel with the role will be required.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- BSc Degree in a relevant subject.
- Ideally candidates will have Landing gear experience or experience of:
- Hydro-mechanical systems, Mechanical, Actuators, Engines etc.
- Gear boxes, drive trains, suspensions.
- Experience of Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel, is essential.
- Highly organised and single minded focus on task.
- Have working knowledge of ABAQUS and Catia as well as other recognised FEA and fatigue software tools.
- Have experience of static Hand calculations.
- Proven experience in analysing and reporting on Landing Gear structural design packages as well as Test programme correlation experience within the Aerospace industry.
- Previous Stress signatory experience is not mandatory but would be advantageous to internal development.
- Salary - Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip
Delaloye on or call on 01384446192