Senior Stress Engineer - Gloucester
We have an opportunity a Senior Stress Engineer for a world leading Landing Gear Systems supplier for the design, development and manufacture in the aerospace industry at their facility in Gloucester.
The Senior Stress Engineer will be required to propose and agree Landing Gear Design conceptual studies, co-ordinate the technical quality of the work package activities, act as the Stress Technical focal and mentor for the team. As well as representing the company as the Stress technical focal for the team, check and approve design deliverables, ensure the creation, progression and the usage of new Stress methods within the team.
The Senior Stress Engineer will:
- Expected to write / design Stress reports without supervision.
- A practised expert in technical engineering analysis disciplines.
- Coach engineers in theoretical and "real life" best practice.
- Represent the Company as a technical expert on both internal and external projects.
- Influence the Aerospace community in appropriate technological developments
- Have good engineering, analysis, coaching, networking and influence
- Work autonomously with little supervision.
- Use ABAQUS and Catia as well as other recognised FEA and fatigue software tools.
- Analyse and report on Landing Gear structural design packages as well as Test programme correlation.
- Access reported faults to determine complaint level and carry out fault confirmation actions accordingly.
- An occasional need to travel with the role will be required.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- BSc or BEng Degree in a relevant subject - ideally an MSc
- Ideally experienced in Landing Gear Product Knowledge & Expertise
- Strong stress analysis experience gained over several years.
- Team leading / management experience in a Multi-functional &/or Multi-Cultural Team Working environment.
- Experienced in Project Management, problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Highly organised and single-minded focus on task.
- Have working knowledge of ABAQUS and Catia as well as other recognised FEA and fatigue software tools.
- Have experience of static Hand calculations.
- Ideally proven experience in analysing and reporting on Landing Gear structural design packages as well as Test programme correlation experience within the Aerospace industry.
- Previous Stress signatory experience is not mandatory but would be advantageous to internal development.
- Salary - Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply, please apply today or contact Sarah Davies on 01384446143.