£70k per year
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Salary Range: £50,000 - £70,000
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Industry: Subsea Applications & Advanced Technology
Jonathan Lee Recruitment has engaged with a key client and a leading advanced technology & Subsea Applications manufacturer based in Edinburgh. With a global presence my client specialises within Defence, Offshore Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas industry markets. Due to an increase in new business and projects we are recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer on a permanent basis.
- Lead development of highly efficient network protocols for proprietary RF subsea networks
- Create innovative algorithms to optimise communications across subsea network nodes
- Develop the simulation models of algorithms before implementing them for field use
- Analyse data from real-world deployments to both validate and improve models
- Bachelor's degree (Masters/PhD preferred) in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience & knowledge of software design. A track record of understanding new concepts and coming up with innovative ideas.
- Technical Skills likely to include elements from;
- Deep understanding of low-power RF protocols
- Embedded C/C++
- Designing for low-power micro-controllers
- Model-based design practices (Matlab/Simulink)
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Share Options Scheme
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays)
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Jonathan Lee Recruitment for more information and apply!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.