Senior Software Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
The world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, based in Coventry, requires a hands-on Senior Software Developer to be responsible for developing software for every automotive application from transmissions to autonomous driving.
A Senior Software Engineer with production level experience working on basic software such as AUTOSAR and Diagnostics as well as ADAS or other automotive code bases will be well received.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be required to:
- Collect and document software requirements
- Design efficient algorithms in terms of both time and space complexity
- Create readable, testable and well structure code which complies with AVL guidelines
- Set up, maintenance and enhancement of build environment and development toolset
- Interaction with internal or external customers
- Mentoring other engineers
- Contributing to and leading projects
The Senior Software Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, an engineering discipline, or comparable qualification with relevant experience
- Understanding algorithm design and data structures
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrable experience of C or C++ programming language
- Demonstrable ability to use MatLab/Simulink/Stateflow
- Knowledge of safety as it applies to software (MISRA, ISO26262)
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR
- Understanding of data driven algorithms (deep learning and machine learning)
- Experience in using the libraries: TensorFlow, PyTorch, CUDA
- Experience working with NVIDIA drive/Driveworks
- Experience with using prototype development platform: SpeedGoat, dSPACE MicroAutoBox
- Programming skills in C#, Python or, JAVA
- Understanding of control theory
- Knowledge of automotive communications (CAN, FlexRay, LIN, Ethernet, TT-Ethernet, MOST, UDS, OBD, J1939...)
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with C++, AUTOSAR or MatLab/Simulink/Stateflow experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Senior Software Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today.
If you have any questions about the Senior Software Engineer role, please contact Georgia-Lee Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889268.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.