Due to an exciting period of expansion, a world leading engineering business operating within a niche market are looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer
Commutable from: Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Walsall, Kidderminster, Bromsgrove, Halesowen, Stourbridge
Salary: £ 40,000 - £ 50,000 p.a. + benefits
Suitable for: Software Engineer, Controls Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Mechatronics Engineer, Automation Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer will work within a team of software, automation and IT specialists delivering solutions to complex issues within a time pressured project based environment
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensure Software deliveries are within the project plan and at relevant times within the project development and produce specifications and ensure operational feasibility.
• Ensure all Software and systems comply with industry standards.
• Ensure that software components are fully functional within the software system.
• Produce Beckhoff TwinCAT programs in IEC 61131-3 (Structured text, Function block diagram…)
• Manage source code with source control.
• In conjunction with the electrical engineer. Develop programs that are in line with electrical designs.
• Undertaking Commissioning including certification tests with third party inspectors.
• Assist in developing a process for Systems training after commissioning to both the end user and internal service staff.
• Travel worldwide when necessary to test, commission, debug and upgrade existing systems
• Comply with and ensure compliance with Company QMS and Health & Safety policies
• Working with the other Departments to further develop the strategy for delivery of projects and ensure that software and control systems development is embedded within project timeline.
• Development of project and design documentation
• HNC / HND or Degree education in computer science or evidence of 5 years’ experience
working in similar roles
• Have significant previous experience in Software development
• Have a background in managing safety control systems
• Have experience and understanding of working within a dynamic Project orientated organisation
• IEC 61131-3 (Structured text, Function block diagram…) or equivalent but need to be willing to learn TwinCAT
• Computer Programming Experience (C++/C#/Python)
• Software engineering practices (Design patterns, OO principles)
• Source control (Git, Mercurial)
• EN ISO 13849-1 (Performance Level)
• IEC 61131-3 (Structured text, Function block diagram…)
• HMI development
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.