£30.05 - 30.05 per hour
5 months ago
Title: Senior Software Engineer (12 month maternity cover)
Division: Chassis Engineering
A Senior Software Engineer is required.
Leading JLRs push into internal software development capability with respect to the Chassis Attributes team (Vehicle Dynamics and Off Road Capability), we are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join the Digital Engineering team.
The Digital Engineering Team provide solutions to understand, process and visualise complex simulation and vehicle data. The role will enable JLR to increase efficiency and robustness. This is delivered by having common integrated software tools and a high degree of process automation, tailored to serve the needs of the engineering team within Chassis Attributes. These tools exist to enable robust and rapid engineering decisions when delivering JLR products of the future.
- Software development using MATLAB is a key component of our capability improvement framework.
- Software tool deployment is absolutely integral to the Chassis Attributes team.
- Experienced programmer (ideally MATLAB).
- Expertise with Object Oriented Programming languages such as C++ / MATLAB.
- AGILE advocate and SCRUM practitioner.
- The successful candidate will be an AGILE advocate and practitioner and will be responsible for task delivery in a SCRUM team.
- Ideally have experience in a formal programming language, ideally an object oriented language.
- Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a project team environment.
Basic knowledge of vehicle dynamics fundamentals and suspension components would be desirable.
Degree (or equivalent qualification) within a relevant discipline, e.g. Software Engineering.
This role is deemed INSIDE of IR35
12 month maternity cover from 1 st April 2020
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.