Contract Senior Software Engineer - Aylesbury
We have a requirement for a Senior Software Engineer for an initial 6 month contract based near Aylesbury for a World Leading Engineering Services company working with an Aerospace company who design and are involved with the whole life-cycle of electrical power generation and distribution systems for the aerospace industry.
The Senior Software Engineer will play a key role in embedded real-time software development for airborne systems. They can be responsible for the technical content of the developed software and may be responsible for the day to day management of a team of software developers.
The Senior Software Engineer would look after:
- the management of small packages of out sourced activities or liaison/direction of fully out sourced activities.
- Production of RTCA/DO-178B/C software planning documents
- Production of High and Low Level requirements to implement the System Level requirements
- Design and code the software to implement the High and Low Level requirements
- Generation of software certification documentation in accordance with the expectations of RTCA/DO-178B/C
- Support the unit certification with the appropriate airworthiness authorities
Your professional experience and qualifications:
- A degree level or equivalent in a Computing or Science/Mathematics subject or have similar specialist training
- Significant experience of developing real-time embedded safety-critical software preferably in accordance with RTCA/DO-178B/C DAL A or B
- Experience of Ada or MISRA C/C++
- Experience of Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow applications
- Experience of requirements management (e.g. DOORS) and configuration management (e.g. Dimensions) tools
- A good understanding of configuration management
- The ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the lead engineer
- Hands on test and debugging skills
- Experience of liaising with internal and external suppliers and customers
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192.