about 1 month ago
Senior Software Engineer – Droitwich - £ Exceptional DOE
Our client are a world-leading manufacturer of sensors, line controls, test and inspection equipment for the metal packaging industry. Due to exceptional growth they now have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to work at the cutting-edge of advanced metrology manufacturing. You will take the lead on generating the software components of technical projects for new and existing product developments. Designing and developing hi-tech automated instruments that utilise Windows, Arm and Microchip platforms to control the GUI, signal processing and robotics in each system.
As Senior Software Engineer - you will be required to
- Bring product ideas to realisation on time and in budget following company procedures and best practices, ensuring that the resulting design and documentation is robust, fit-for-purpose and based on sound software development approaches.
- Take a lead in advising on software technologies, solutions and approaches to achieve the most robust, efficient and cost-effective outcomes.
- Liaise and work closely with the Product Managers to understand the market and ensure that customer satisfaction is optimised.
- Provide technical support for products, including on customer sites when and where appropriate.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, encouraging and supporting other team members likewise.
- Mentor less experienced members of the Software Development team.
As Senior Software Engineer – you will have
- Existing strong C#/.NET and C skills, ideally gained in developing products destined for industrial or mission-critical environments, where quality and robustness are all-important.
- Exposure to Matlab and signal processing would be advantageous, as would some experience with SQL and developing for resource-limited embedded environments.
- Excellent problem-solving and technical skills.
- The ability to quickly evaluate, assimilate and apply appropriate technologies and practices
- Highly organised with a good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills.
What you will get:
- An exceptional salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects in a fantastic facility.
Suitably qualified and experienced Senior Software Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.