- Sector: IT & Cyber security
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Tom Duckett
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446163
- Expiry Date: 22 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59889
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
A Senior Software Engineer is required for a leading provider of electric motor drives used in worldwide commercial and industrial applications. These products are often featured in safety critical, high integrity systems where reliability and energy efficiency are key.
The successful applicant will likely be a full-stack developer supporting R & D and product development functions for a specialist development team on a range of applications (desktop/mobile/web) throughout the stack.
As a Senior Software Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Developing on desktop/ mobile and web platforms for use with our industrial automation equipment.
- Typical applications will include setup and monitoring tools as well as development of programming IDEs to be used by customers for motion control applications.
- Work as part of a team within our R&D group to propose, implement and review new designs and code for user interfaces and backend software components.
- Write clean, efficient, and effective code.
- Contribute to the test plans and write test cases for nightly automated runs as well as working with the independent test group to correct any problems.
The Senior Software Engineer should have the following skills/experience:
- Degree qualified in a mathematics or computer science-based subject.
- Experience in software development for controls or automation purposes.
- Development expertise in C#, WPF and .NET
- Experience in development for commercial or industrial products and machinery.
You may also have skills in the one or more of the following technologies:
- Xamarin, ASP.NET, MVC, C++
- Python, PowerShell
- Azure DevOps, TFS
- HTML technologies such as Ionic or Blazor.
This is an excellent opportunity for a developer to advance their career with a leading company. In return for your experience, this Shropshire based company will offer you:
- Competitive basic salary
- Flexible benefits package
- Hybrid working.
- The opportunity to work on exciting cutting-edge technology projects
Interviews for the Senior Software Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible.
If interested in this role then please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment or apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.