almost 2 years ago
Senior Software Developer - Contract
Period 2018-12-17 to 2018-12-31
Salary range: £55-60/hr
Senior SW developer within VIDA one team.
Jonathan Lee are supporting a well-known Swedish Vehicle OEM to recruit some exciting contract opportunities.
Are you interested in a job within the Business Application area? Join Customer Service as SW developer within VIDA One Team. At Customer Service you are part of a global organisation with the task to provide world leading Customer Service. The Business Applications group is included in the Workshop Systems section, whose primary task is to deliver system solutions to Volvo workshops globally.
We are responsible for about 20 different applications with users at dealerships, sales companies, workshops, internally at VCC, and some applications are used directly by vehicle owners. The group consists of 13 members with the vision to fulfil our customer needs and to continuously improve our way of working. Our main delivery is VIDA, but we also manage other applications such as TIE, PIE, CarCom and NEVIS.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Perform car communication related application changes (continuous improvements, new features etc) and corrections in the VIDA2015 application
- Participates in the handling of the emergency issues
- Act as a SME for the car communication area Competence Requirements
- Master of Science in Electrical, Computer or equivalent education at university level
- 10 years of experience within SW development, .NET and JAVA Meritorius
- Software development, diagnostic applications
- .NET (C#, WPF), TFS, Unit tests, Visual Studio, TDD, Maven, Jenkins
- DoIP/ISO 13400
- Protocols: J2534, RP 1210, J1587, J1939, CAN, ISO 15765, ISO 14229
- Aftermarket experience
- Be experienced within IT application maintenance
- Good knowledge within the electrical area, particularly within the software area and fault tracing
- Technical work experience from VCC: R&D, Testing or VCCS Personal qualities
- Strong committed to develop world class products with high precision
- Ability to build trust and show courage
- Structured with good documentation and communication skills
- Self-driven and reliable
- Customer oriented
- Fluent in English
- Good analytical skills
- Eager to learn