- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 08 November 2021
- Job Ref: 57751
Senior Software and Controls Engineer - Milton Keynes - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is a highly regarded engineering consultancy, that has pioneered the application of high performance electric drives across a range of high technology sectors, notably in the automotive and motorsport arena. They are now expanding their development teams and require a specialist to support ground-breaking controller development. This is a medium to high experience position working on mainly passenger car hybrid control and inverter system applications, encompassing design and development (concept through to production).
As Senior Software and Controls Engineer - You will be required to
- Develop control software for electric machine inverter systems and hybrid vehicle applications
- Develop, test, validate and verify high level control algorithms in MATLAB & Simulink (eg: Motor control, FOC, battery voltage, engine cranking, Filtering, Fault handling, etc.)
- Develop safety relevant software according to Automotive and Aerospace standards e.g. ISO26262 & DO-178.
- Integrate high level algorithms with low level embedded software applications
- Test control algorithms through SiL, MiL, PiL and HiL test processes
- Support plant model development and test-harness creation
- Interfacing and supporting other teams & customers with Controls & Software topics
- Support hardware commissioning, motor dyno testing and data analysis tasks for fault finding.
- Work on a wide range of associated control engineering tasks.
As Senior Software and Controls Engineer - You will be
- Degree-qualified in either Controls, Software, Electronics or in a related Engineering field
- Able to demonstrate a track record of success in developing and implementing model-based control strategies for complex electro-mechanical / automotive control applications.
- Familiar with the Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow - model based development toolchain
- Mathworks Embedded Coder and other toolboxes or dSPACE TargetLink
- Experienced with Revision Control and Change Management software.
- Prior knowledge of inverter systems & electric machine operation is desirable.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.