Solihull, West Midlands
over 1 year ago
Senior/Principal Software Engineer
Permanent or Contract to suit your requirements
Competitive Salary / Hourly Rate
International powertrain organisation expanding its R&D facility is seeking a senior or principal level software engineer to lead the design and development of base software for a powertrain application with ECU suppliers. This role can be offered on a perm or contract basis.
What you will do:
Working with applications software engineers and suppliers, your focus will be on the definition and validation of low level and interface level software for a powertrain ECUs (driver, A2D, comms, CAN)
- Lead the specification and validation of base/low-level software within an embedded powertrain environment
- Write low-level software requirement documents for suppliers ensuring the needs of application engineers are taken into account.
- Create a simple test harness/acceptance test software to assess static functionality of supplier software.
What you will need
- Degree in software engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience of low level embedded coding within an automotive embedded environment is essential
- The ability to be able to discuss changes to low level software with suppliers ie debugging.
- Software validation tools eg test harness, HIL usage
- experience with 32bit tricore processors an advantage but not essential
What you will get
- Permanent or contract role at a bluechip international company
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
- Sponsorship may be considered
Please apply with current Cv and details of current salary package and notice period. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission, however, should you have any questions, please contact Kevin Harris