- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 29 October 2021
- Job Ref: 56959
Principal Power Electronics Engineer – Advanced Electric Drive Systems – Milton Keynes - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is a highly regarded engineering consultancy, that has pioneered the application of high performance electric drives across a range of technology sectors, notably in the automotive and motorsport arena. They are now expanding their development teams and require a high-calibre and ambitious power electronics engineer to contribute to the research and development of their award-winning drive systems.
As Principal Power Electronics Engineer – You will be required to
- Hold technical ownership of power electronic circuitry and sub-components through whole product development lifecycle
- Mentor and technically develop the power electronics team.
- Collaborate with internal multidisciplinary engineering teams to ensure design targets are met (e.g. Electronics, Mechanical team, PCB Design, Embedded Software, Controls, E-Machine)
- Ensure all appropriate requirements and standards are met throughout product development lifecycle
- Develop and maintain engineering design documentation for power electronics circuitry and sub-components
- Lead resolution of key development, launch and ongoing quality issues involving power electronic assemblies
- Provide input into new feature development
As Principal Power Electronics Engineer – You will be
- Degree qualified in an Electrical or Electronic Engineering discipline
- Have extensive power electronics design and simulation experience in a relevant industry (Automotive, Marine, Traction or similar)
- Experience developing inverters with working voltages up to 1000V and power ratings in excess of 150kW
- Knowledge of IGBT's, MOSFET's and associated drive / monitoring circuitry (Si and wide band gap device technologies)
- Strong first principles approach with experience delivering tolerance and lifetime calculations
- Failure mode avoidance experience with demonstrable knowledge of associated processes such as DFMEA and FTA
- Knowledge of ISO26262 with experience developing hardware work products in support of safety engineering process
- Knowledge of best practice approaches for design in accordance with global EMC standards
- Competent user of schematic capture and PCB design tools (Preferably with Altium Designer)
- Knowledge of electrified vehicle architectures & platforms
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.