Senior / Principal Electronics Hardware Engineer – Automotive Systems – Lichfield - £ Competitive + Excellent benefits
This role encompasses the complete range of life-cycle activities relating to the design, development, manufacture and test of electrical and electronic hardware intended for use in our clients automotive products. This position reports directly to the Chief Hardware Engineer. You will work with prestige vehicle manufacturers across a wide range of vehicle systems, including electrified powertrain.
As Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer – Automotive Systems you will
- Use your electronics hardware expertise to provide technical leadership on development projects; taking a primary role in the hardware design and development process.
- Be responsible for hardware requirements specification and analysis, hardware system design, hardware functional design and participate in peer and formal reviews.
- Prepare test plans, specification and procurement of test equipment, coordinating and supporting the manufacture and test of prototypes;
- Support department management activities; planning, reviews, process development, mentoring;
- Liaise with Customer Representatives and other members of the Project Team to agree product hardware requirements, and to resolve specification deficiencies;
- Liaise with the Project Manager and other members of the Project Team to establish hardware feature content and requirements, timeframe and integration.
- Generating work plans for engineers allocated to the Project;
- Ensure the relevant hardware lifecycle is followed for assigned engineering activities;
- Identify areas for improvement including tools, techniques and processes;
- Liaise with the Customer to establish priorities and resolve timing conflict;
- Act as chair and arbiter during formal design reviews.
As Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer – Automotive Systems you will be
- Degree-qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline (Electrical and Electronic Engineering);
- Have experience of small to medium volume manufacturing and assembly techniques appropriate to HV Power Electrionics;
- Knowledge of Si, SiC andf GaN technology up to 1200V and Inverter up to 300kW.
- Experienced and familiar with using ECAD; Altium, Zuken, PSpice, Spice, MathCAD including general engineering tools;
- Experience in the use of model-based development tools including Matlab, Simulink;
- Experience and understanding of ISO26262 including process and design methodologies;
- Good troubleshooting, test, analysis and communication skills with the ability to support customer meetings, issues resolution and report writing;
Suitably qualified and experienced Electronic Hardware Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.