Senior/Lead Software Developer – Stevenage Area
Attractive – Permanent
A Senior/Lead Software Developer is required within a leading Telecommunications and Satellite and Space Systems Technology Company.
You will be involved in Production and maintenance of software components, developing software used by engineers to analyse and plan satellite radio communications.
The Senior/Lead Software Developer will be involved with development tasks that are similarly varied, ranging from algorithmic development in back-end components to user interface development using web technologies.
The Senior/Lead Software Developer will be involved with projects and working with cutting-edge satellite communications technologies and perform research and development into how software can best support management and operation of them.
Responsibilities for the Senior/Lead Software Developer
- Design and development of software systems across the lifecycle
- Development of concepts, requirements, design and implementation through to validation
- Drafting/production of proposal documentation and associated project
- Analysis of customer requirements and system/ product development lifecycle
- Network performance analysis through to design and development
- Work with real-time software radio and IP networking systems, GUIs and test automation systems
- Provide project leadership to other members of the project team, including mentoring and coaching
- Enterprise Architecture and Model Based System Engineering and Service Oriented Architectures
- To contribute to improvements both within and on behalf of customers
- Supporting requirements engineering, prototyping, integration and test
- To produce work efficiently and of high-quality according to development standards and programme
- Carry out software project management & control including consolidation of task estimates
Requirements for the Senior/Lead Software Developer
A good Honours degree in a relevant subject (Maths, Computer Science or Engineering)
- A strong interest within Software Development and Experience in leading, coaching teams
- Ability to apply object-oriented principles to information and software design
- Strong software development skills across the lifecycle
- Ability to construct distributed systems, e.g. through use of web services
- Ability to program in Java, or in another OO language with desire to ‘convert’ to Java
- Strong experience and awareness of software deployment in operational environments
- Experience of working in space/satellite industry and understanding of satellite radio communications
- Experience of drafting proposals and leading projects
- Understanding of IP networking and network protocols as well as service/network principles
- Experience of use case analysis and understanding of business/operational analysis
- Experience in systems engineering to include feasibility studies and system analysis
- Conduct requirements analysis & traceability and system architectural design and interface definition
- Ability to program in Python, and develop software scripts
- Experience of GUI monitoring tools and Experience of real-time databases
If youy are interested in this position then apply now, or contact Timothy Parkes at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either 01384 446145 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.