Senior/Lead Inspector – Aerospace and Defence
Permanent - Milton Keynes Area – Attractive
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior/Lead Inspector to join an Aerospace and Defence Research Organisation within the Milton Keynes area. The successful Senior/Lead Inspector will be completing inspection work using the Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) and Scanners. The Senior/Lead Inspector responsibilities include component, sub-assembly and assembly inspections to defined tolerances, reporting results and briefing Customers regarding the inspection results.
Duties for the Senior/Lead Inspector
- Responsible for carrying out the inspection of models, assemblies and components.
- Following specifications given in the route cards, service requests or instructions.
- Conduct Optical Tracking inspections, snapping scans to models and reporting.
- Assist with the scheduling of inspection work to meet agreed project resource plans.
- Communication of schedules to the Manufacturing Centre (MMC) Team.
- Raise Concession Reports for submission and approval to Customers.
- Monitor the progress and conduct training, as appropriate, of newly inducted or trainees.
- Lead the technical development of the inspection capability.
- Technical development of the inspection aspects of customer proposals.
- Actively seek opportunities for Continuous Improvement of inspection procedures.
- Maintain an inspection log.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required for the Senior/Lead Inspector
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification.
- experience using handheld metrology instruments, precision CMM and Scanning Systems.
- Technical experience with optical tracking and 3D Scanner software and methodology.
- Experience in programming CMM using PCDMIS software.
- Able to analyse CAD, manipulate datum’s and alignments for part inspection.
- Able to produce and analyse inspection results of model assemblies.
- Determine any errors and recommend viable solutions to meet customers’ requirements.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Word and Excel.
- Plan/schedule project inspections and create reports using templates.
- A team player, confident and capable of mentoring and coaching less experienced staff.
- Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure that projects are met.
- Attention to detail of quality of work produced and adherence to project schedules.
- Drive and commitment to improve own skills and be receptive to new ideas.
- Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
This is an opportunity for the right person to become part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a benefits package and the opportunity for further development and progression within the business for the right candidate.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Senior/Lead Inspector, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446102 or Email suitable MS Word CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.