Senior / Lead Engineer– Battery Technology - Electrode and Cell Scale Up - Coventry - £ Competitive DOE
We are seeking an individual with a battery cell manufacturing and process development background, to take a leading role in the delivery of research projects on our client’s battery cell scale-up line. This facility is unique within the UK and allows manufacturing and scientific challenges (such as improving energy density, power density, cost, functional safety, reliability and lifetime) to be investigated and demonstrated for the benefit of industry.
As Senior / Lead Engineer – Battery Technology – you will be required to
- Support the full battery cell manufacturing process, from materials sourcing and storage through to cell formation and testing.
- Conduct cutting-edge research into battery cell manufacturing methods.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve any quality issues that arise, performing root cause analysis, and put corrective actions in place to prevent reoccurrence.
- Support digitalisation of the battery scale-up facility and identify key process data to be captured across all manufacturing processes.
- Summarise methods of tracking and tracing from receipt of items to the final delivery of cells and test data.
- Design and facilitate collaborator workshops to capture and define research opportunities.
- Ensure that a detailed work programme exists to generate the research outcomes within the agreed time frame.
- Engage with sector and subject matter specialists, to understand the current industry practice and latest international standards and legislative directives.
- Support the publication of research outcomes in appropriate journals of international standing and to disseminate the result of research and scholarship in other reputable outlets.
- Develop plans to ensure that the business outputs agreed with the funding bodies are achieved within the agreed timescales and reported on a regular basis.
As Senior / Lead Engineer - Battery Technology – you will have
- An Honours degree or equivalent experience.
- Interest in battery manufacturing together with an enthusiasm for manufacturing process engineering, process control and quality management.
- Industrial experience in the delivery of quality-controlled manufacturing processes relevant to battery cell and materials manufacture.
- A good understanding of the current technologies and future trends in cell production.
- Experience of project management, planning, resource allocation and reporting.
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of organisational ability.
- An enthusiastic and energetic personality.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.