£33.94 - 33.94 per hour
Title - Senior Skills, Capability & Training Specialist - 37070
Location - Whitley and Gaydon
Rate - up to £33.94/hr Ltd rate (up to £26.45/hr PAYE rate)
This role sits in the Learning Academy and operates in an Agile methodology and mindset within the REFOCUS Capability and Technical Excellence transformation team. This role is responsible to engage in 'Squads' (Scrum Teams) for the creation of new technical skills / learning solutions to deliver requirements which will support and enable the business transformation across the enterprise. Solutions may be created in-house, leveraging existing capabilities, engaging with internal subject matter experts and/or in conjunction with external providers.
- Creation of high-quality technical skills solutions against confirmed requirements defined in conjunction with the REFOCUS transformation pillars.
- Solutions which address the prioritised top technical skills to enable learners and their leaders to engage and apply new learning to enable enhanced personal, team and business performance.
- High evaluation scores in respect of learner and supervisor feedback.
- Alignment of solutions to s upport our shift to increased Agility - to enable our people to create and deliver at speed and with clear purpose. To build on and complement prior learning and support a culture of continuous growth and career long learning in all its forms.
- Be able to assess external solutions against business needs - identify gaps and engage in development discussions to address those gaps. Seek opportunities to embed case studies to bring added relevance and context.
- Maximise the use of existing and emerging learning technologies and collaborative networks to improve access to technical skills development in a format which is appropriate to the situation and enables the learner to quickly apply their technical skills to improve their own capability and business performance.
- Apply knowledge of adult learning pedagogy to ensure a high quality and impactful learner experience in line with brand values and enable business efficiency and competitive advantage.
- Support the effective piloting of major technical skills solutions to ensure readiness for volume delivery and that delivery teams have all the necessary information to execute consistently and effectively.
- Experience of building technical learning solutions / capability growth of others
- Able to identify the steps, resources and likely time required to reach a good solution.
- Passionate about the value of capability development and being able to identify the essential elements that are required for impact.
- Able to apply previous experience and knowledge to new situations, research issues, create innovative solutions, and deliver a robust end product or service.
- Experience of working with multiple stake holders at all levels to design, build and deploy technical solutions. Confident to undertake conversations with subject matter experts and work in partnership.
- A clear awareness of the trends affecting the sector, and the impact this may have on technical skill requirements.
- Able to demonstrate personal engagement in growth and learning.
- Knowledgeable in Learning and Development methodologies (eg competency frameworks, learning needs analysis, adult learning pedagogy, approaches to assessment and evaluation).
- A working knowledge of UK academic qualification levels (2 to 7)
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a similar role with a proven track record of successful delivery with impact.
- An individual with a strong set of experiences in an engineering / technical / digital discipline who also understands the wider trends affecting the sector.
- An individual who embraces the differences and unique abilities which everyone can bring, working together and empowering others to deliver
- An individual who will take the initiative and sees failure as an opportunity to learn and grow
- An individual who builds trust wherever or whoever they are working with and is confident to speak the truth
- An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding positively to rapidly changing priorities
- An effective team player, who can identify clear learning outcomes, which are focussed and will make impact. Who is comfortable challenging to ensure real needs are identified and quantified, and who can guide on the appropriate format of solutions to be deployed.
- An individual who is able to manage complexity in respect of the wide range of factors in creating and implementing success learning interventions through being able to balance conflicting demands of content, cost, learner availability, learner numbers, duration, geography, learner demographics etc.
- An individual who is able to develop relationships with key customers and can use their experience and personal style to ensure that high performance is maintained.
- An individual who embraces the opportunity to adopt digital forms of delivery and knowledge transfer where appropriate to support a cultural shift away from face-to-face learning
- An individual who is results driven and demonstrates tenacity, resilience and perseverance and can engage others to support their goals to good effect.
- A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas to a range of audiences.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.