Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
about 2 years ago
Senior Signal Processing & Modem Development Engineer - Hertfordshire.
£ Competitive Salary and Benefits.
Seeking a senior engineer to take ownership of our modem specifications and modelling as part of a development team. This could be an opportunity for someone with solid experience and a passion for digital signal processing to take technical ownership of an exciting area of technology within the company.
- Specification, modelling and simulation of RF modems.
- Participate in development and maintenance/ enhancement of software defined radio products.
- Definition of air-interfaces including ability to customise existing and standard air interfaces.
- Thereby to support development, integration and validation of FPGA SoC solutions for use in satellite communications applications including terminals and test tools.
- Work with system requirements to identify and define appropriate air-interfaces.
- Design RF modems using existing processing blocks and specification of new blocks.
- Use modelling and simulation tools to define, test and refine specifications.
- Produce or validate bit-correct simulations for the modems.
- Support or carry out modem development in VHDL or software; troubleshoot development issues.
- Work as part of a small focussed team to deliver full stack solutions.
- Detailed familiarity with radio communication air interface specifications; thorough understanding of digital modulation techniques; understanding of access technologies including CDMA, TDMA etc.
- Specification of RF modems.
- Modelling and simulation of digital signal processing systems in general and RF modems in particular.
- Development of modems in software defined radio (SDR) solutions, either in software or using hardware description languages (HDL).
- Use of tools to perform simulation-based validation of algorithm design e.g. through HDL-based test benches, MALAB/ Simulink, Octave.
- Definition and maintenance of link budgets.
- System design and development of FPGA System on a Chip (SoC) architecture definition and partitioning, algorithm implementation, HW/SW interfaces.
- Track-record in delivery of integrated SoC solutions for digital signal processing
- Software development.
- Xilinx Design Tools (ISE/EDK/SDK, Vivado), C/C++, Windows and Linux environments.
- Xilinx background, Zynq SoC (e.g ZC702)
- Analogue Devices, e.g. AD-FMComms2 hosting AD9361
- Programming of DSPs in relation to modems
- Professional engineering approach
- Proven ability to work within tight timescale and budgetary constraints
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise and unambiguous documentation confirming to applicable technical and quality standards
- Proven ability to work as an integral part of a highly-focused team
- Proven ability to take full responsibility for the delivery of critical system components
- Proven ability to develop innovative and efficient solutions to defined problems
- Proven ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients
- Good communication skills