Senior Signal Processing & Modem Development Engineer - Hertfordshire.
£ Competitive Salary and Benefits.
All applicants must be elligible for SC Vetting or be currently Security Cleared.
All applicants must be elligible to work in the UK and be resident for at least 5 years in the UK.
Seeking a senior engineer to take ownership of our modem specifications and modelling as part of a development team. This could be an opportunity for someone with solid experience and a passion for digital signal processing to take technical ownership of an exciting area of technology within the company.
- Specification, modelling and simulation of RF modems.
- Participate in development and maintenance/ enhancement of software defined radio products.
- Definition of air-interfaces including ability to customise existing and standard air interfaces.
- Thereby to support development, integration and validation of FPGA SoC solutions for use in satellite communications applications including terminals and test tools.
- Work with system requirements to identify and define appropriate air-interfaces.
- Design RF modems using existing processing blocks and specification of new blocks.
- Use modelling and simulation tools to define, test and refine specifications.
- Produce or validate bit-correct simulations for the modems.
- Support or carry out modem development in VHDL or software; troubleshoot development issues.
- Work as part of a small focussed team to deliver full stack solutions.
- Detailed familiarity with radio communication air interface specifications; thorough understanding of digital modulation techniques; understanding of access technologies including CDMA, TDMA etc.
- Specification of RF modems.
- Modelling and simulation of digital signal processing systems in general and RF modems in particular.
- Development of modems in software defined radio (SDR) solutions, either in software or using hardware description languages (HDL).
- Use of tools to perform simulation-based validation of algorithm design e.g. through HDL-based test benches, MALAB/ Simulink, Octave.
- Definition and maintenance of link budgets.
- System design and development of FPGA System on a Chip (SoC) architecture definition and partitioning, algorithm implementation, HW/SW interfaces.
- Track-record in delivery of integrated SoC solutions for digital signal processing
- Software development.
- Xilinx Design Tools (ISE/EDK/SDK, Vivado), C/C++, Windows and Linux environments.
- Xilinx background, Zynq SoC (e.g ZC702)
- Analogue Devices, e.g. AD-FMComms2 hosting AD9361
- Programming of DSPs in relation to modems
- Professional engineering approach
- Proven ability to work within tight timescale and budgetary constraints
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise and unambiguous documentation confirming to applicable technical and quality standards
- Proven ability to work as an integral part of a highly-focused team
- Proven ability to take full responsibility for the delivery of critical system components
- Proven ability to develop innovative and efficient solutions to defined problems
- Proven ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients
- Good communication skills
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply now.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.