Job Title: Senior Service Engineer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Salary: £Negotiable dependent on experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Service Engineer to work for our client, the role will be based in Southern Ireland, and will be providing an efficient and effective service to our client’s customer support division.
With the majority of the work being across Southern Ireland, there would also be travel to other customers in the UK and overseas.
- To carry out all aspects of service and maintenance activities to ensure the highest quality of support for the customer at all times.
- The role is multi-disciplined and includes mechanical, electrical and electronic skills. The work is usually carried out at the customer's site so the engineer must be able to work on their own initiative and with minimal supervision.
- As a senior engineer you must also demonstrate leadership, a willingness to accept responsibility and the ability to supervise, control and develop other engineers.
- Attending site to carry out regular maintenance inspections.
- Fault diagnosis and repair on all supplied equipment.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the customer.
- Available for direct customer contact out of hours including weekends on an ‘On-call’ rota basis. This involves providing technical support and mobilisation out of hours.
- You will need to be available for weekend working for up to two weekends in four.
- Ability to adequately plan and prepare for allocated tasks both for yourself and for others.
- Preparation of accurate reports and timesheets using the current system.
- Work within the current quality management system requirements.
- Supervision, control and development of other engineers.
- Assisting Service Supervision to plan, prepare and delegate work.
- Supervision and control of sub-contractors, to ensure that the work is completed to the necessary quality standard and timescale.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Qualified to HNC/HND level in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering.
- Siemens 501 engine removal and installation, including calibration and performance test.
- Siemens 501 engine strip, repair and rebuild to turbine 2nd stage vane level.
- Siemens 501 engine bearing replacements.
- In depth fault diagnosis and repair on any supplied equipment, including Digital control systems and main reduction gearbox.
- Basic fault diagnosis and knowledge on equipment not supplied by company but associated with the CHP installation.
- Vibration survey on engine, gearbox and generator, the analysis of the results, and the recommendation of any corrective action as necessary
- Principles of operation for Gas Turbines Engines and advantages of CHP installations.
- Knowledge and experience of High Voltage Generator control, protection and Synchronising.
- Methods and systems of emissions control.
- Understand the differences between various maintenance contracts and the resulting consequences for both the customer and company.
- Understand the Companies' Policies on health & safety, quality, and the environment and ensure that other company employees work within these policies.
- Be aware of the health & safety of yourself and of others, identify hazards, carry out a risk assessment and prepare a method statement.
- Service Vehicle
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pension scheme
- Limited health cover
- Death in Service benefit
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.