Forefront of innovation in the satellite communications industry for two decades, offering to all its stakeholders unrivalled expertise to design, develop and operate state-of-the-art solutions and systems, world-wide. Our portfolio of services and technology know-how covers the entire spectrum of any satellite communication project, from market opportunity sizing and end-user requirements down to ground network development and operations. To both commercial and defence related domains, we also offer unique modular and agile technology to enable a more user-friendly and accessible use of satellite communication resources.
Innovation and ingenuity are the guiding principles of anything we do for our customers. Working with us requires a high level of dedication and personal motivation, commitment and a drive to continually seek to improve things but the results our Group has consistently achieved over the years, at personal and team levels, are outstanding and make e2E a great place to work.
Our Company works in Satellite Communications systems, for commercial and military customers.
We are expanding our team and are seeking a Senior Security Systems Engineer to assist with the security design and implementation of satellite systems and their telemetry, tracking and command (TT&C) networks and component parts; providing advice on the design, procurement and implementation of secure satellite networks, particularly their TT&C systems and cryptographic component parts.
- Establish and/or provide advice on security requirements for satellite systems.
- Undertake the top-level design of secure satellite communications system architectures.
- Advise clients on the implementation of Security Policy, Security Management Systems and Security Controls.
- Carry out security risks assessments of such architectures to establish both the security measures and strength of measures required.
- Provide advice to clients on the implementation of security measures through technical, physical and personnel means.
- Provide advice to clients on the design, development and implementation of secure TT&C systems.
- Provide advice to clients to support the procurement and contract of secure satellite systems.
- Provide advice to clients on the evaluation and certification of security components.
- Ensure compliance to appropriate security standards and security evaluation and certification requirements.
- Support a secure communications study involving the use of quantum techniques for cryptographic key distribution.
- Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings with our Satcom's customers and partners.
Skills, Character and Experience
- Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team
- Proven ability to take full responsibility for the delivery of critical system components
- Track record of developing innovative and efficient solutions to defined problems
- Evidence of being able to work within tight timescale and budgetary constraints
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise and unambiguous documentation confirming to applicable technical and quality standards
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (eg telecommunications, communications security, satellite engineering). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative
- Practical experience in the application of ISO27001/2 (or equivalent) and implementation of Security Management Systems within projects of various sizes
- The person will have >5 years of experience of security systems engineering on communications systems
- System level design and assessment of secure communications networks particularly those that include over-the-air interfaces
- Good understanding of the evaluation, certification of secure government and military communications networks (and component parts) through, for example, Common Criteria (CC) and the NCSC Assisted Product Scheme (CAPS)
- Good understanding of cryptographic systems including key management
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Recognised security qualification such as CISSP or CCP
- Experience of satellite communications systems
- Experience of satellite telemetry, tracking and command (TT&C) systems.
- Knowledge of satellite system telemetry and command protocols (e.g. CCSDS)
- Working with MOD DAIS security teams, knowledge of JSP440, JSP604
- Knowledge of quantum communications systems, particularly for secure cryptographic key distribution (QKD)
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply now, or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.