Negotiable hourly rate
5 months ago
Job title: Senior Scientist Secure Navigation - SC CLEARANCE REQUIRED - 9 Month Contract
Salary Range: Negotiable
Location: Remote Working
A Senior Scientist Secure Navigation is required for a well-established Defence Technology client. Candidates with experience working with Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) receivers, will be desirable.
Due to company growth our client, requires a Senior Scientist Secure Navigation. You will be required to fulfil a significant role in the design and implementation of Secured Navigation Systems, including Global Navigation Satellite System receivers.
This will be a 9 month contract to begin with and will be working remotely.
As a Senior Scientise Secure Navigation Specialist you will be required to:
- Conduct the required background research to production timescales
- Scope solution options for system components and generate technical requirements
- Develop algorithms
- Conduct verification activities and generate reports with details analysis of results
- Work alongside a dedicated software engineering team in a high control production environment
- Research of customer needs and requirements to align technical outputs
- Identification, review and selection of scientific techniques, procedures and methods to undertake tasks
- Identification of risks and opportunities, monitoring through the lifetime of a product
- Ownership of specific algorithms/models- you will be the go-to person for the wider secured navigation development team
- Generate technical outputs, written reports and presentations to customers, demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively with specialist and non-specialist audiences.
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Skills required with specific domain experience working with navigation systems (including GNSS, Inertial and integrated multi-sensor navigation systems)
- Data fusion techniques (including weighted least squares estimation and Kalman filtering)
- Digital signal processing knowledge (including GNSS signal structures, acquisition techniques, interference and multipath mitigation)
- Mathematical modelling
- Algorithm design/documentation
- MATLAB modelling
Working in a software development environment to assist with requirements analysis and functional architectural design. A dedicated software engineering team will provide support here but you will have demonstrated an ability to;
- Write MATLAB code to defined high control coding standards
- Document work to appropriate standard
- Define appropriate unit tests and undertake tests to prove software robustness
- Define appropriate system tests and undertake tests to prove system performance
- Work in a team on a shared design and code basis
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree in Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Demonstratable experience working as part of a multi-disciplines technical team, responsible for delivery of defined components, sub-systems and functionality
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Scientist Secure Navigation with GNSS experience to work for a highly recognised defence technology client on an excellent project.
- Hourly rate negotiable (competitive)
- Remote Working
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Scientist Secure Navigation role please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.