Senior SatComs Systems Consultant
Our team is involved in establishing the requirements, capacity, performance, resource planning and operation of satellite communications networks for both civil and military customers.
We are expanding our team and are seeking a Senior Communications Systems Consultant to assist the design and modelling of satellite networks and of supported communications services.
The candidate will assist with establishing the requirements, high level system design and
performance for advanced satellite communications networks and supported communications services.
- Carry out modelling and establish and validate requirements for satellites networks based on end user needs
- Develop and maintain link budgets using basic and more advanced statistical techniques
- Undertake top-level capacity design of satellite communications networks and related communications services
- Contribute to the high-level system design of satellite networks including GEO, MEO and LEO satellites
- simulation of satellite communications networks in support of the above
- Ensure network design adherence to appropriate standards and particularly ITU regulations
- Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings with Satcom's customers and partners
Skills, Character and Experience
- Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team
- Track record of taking full responsibility for the delivery of critical system components
- Evidence of being able to develop innovative and efficient solutions to defined problems whilst working within tight timescale and budgetary constraints
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise and unambiguous documentation confirming to applicable technical and quality standards
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative
- >5 years of experience of modelling communications networks
- Ability to establish network capacity and high-level architectural network requirements based on user needs
- Simulation and modelling of satellite networks in support of the above (including both space and ground parts of the network)
- Good understanding and experience of satellite communications network system design for LEO. MEO and GEO systems
- Knowledge of the resources planning and delivery of communications services over satellite networks.
- Knowledge of the operating framework used by satellite communications/telecommunications operators for service delivery (e.g. eTOM)
- Experience in design and assessing software, firmware and hardware solutions within an overall system design
- Experience and knowledge of security architecture design principles and their application to system design
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Experience of military satellite communications networks operating in stressed environments
- Experience and knowledge of Software Defined Radio Satellite Payloads and communications devices
- Experience with Software Defined Networking and Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Network and Service Management technologies and developing SLAs
If you are uinterested in this opportunity, please apply now.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.