Very Attractive + Benefits
about 1 month ago
Senior Satcoms Systems Consultant - Permanent - Attractive
Aerospace and Defence - Wiltshire and Hertfordshire
Due to expansion a Senior Satcoms Systems Consultant is required within a leading Telecoms, Satellite and Space Systems Technology Company. The successful Senior Satcoms Systems Consultant will be involved in establishing the requirements, overall system design, validation, and assurance of the next generation satellite systems.
The Senior Satcoms Systems Consultant will be working with cutting-edge technology and innovation from different communications sectors including 5G and Optical communications. The Senior Satcoms Systems Consultant will assist with the requirements development, architectural design, modelling and validation of complex commercial and military Satcom networks.
The Responsibilities for the Senior Satcoms Systems Consultant
- Develop and maintain space & ground segment requirements for LEO, MEO and GEO Satcom systems.
- Carry out requirement modelling and trade-off analysis to establish requirements.
- Develop system and service architectures for next generation Satcom networks.
- Using a Model Based Systems Engineering Approach over the System Development Lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain link budgets using basic and more advanced model-based techniques.
- Capacity design and performance analysis of Satcoms payloads, networks, and related services.
- Contribute to the system design of satellite network constellations including GEO, MEO and LEO.
- Simulation of satellite communications networks and payloads in support of the above.
- Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings with customers and partners.
- Undertake other appropriate duties as directed by authorised managers.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required for the Senior Satcoms Systems Consultant
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent preferred.
- University degree ideally within Electronics or Communications Systems.
- Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused Systems Engineering team.
- Track record of taking full responsibility for the delivery of critical system components.
- Evidence of being able to develop innovative and efficient solutions.
- Proven ability to produce clear and concise presentations and technical documentation.
- Good customer-facing and communication skills.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and gain consensus to drive through change.
- Experience of Systems Engineering of satellite communications networks.
- Experience of satellite communications network system design for LEO. MEO and GEO systems.
- Experience of Systems Engineering of complex Satellite Systems programmes.
- Understanding of through-life Assurance and Acceptance activities.
- Knowledge of the resource planning and delivery of communications services over satellite networks.
- Knowledge of the operating framework used by satellite communications.
- Experience in design and assessing software, firmware, and hardware solutions.
- Overall system design including transparent and regenerative payload designs.
- Experience and knowledge of security architecture design principles.
- Knowledge of Software Defined Radio, Digital Satellite Payloads, and communications devices.
- Experience of military satellite communications networks operating in stressed environments.
- Experience with Network and Service Management technologies and developing SLAs.
- Experience in specification and design of Optical Satcom Networks and Space Segments.
**This role will require candidates to be a UK national and with full UK Security Clearance or ability to be security cleared due to the nature of the products and the sector that is involved**
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Senior Satcoms Systems Consultant, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either 01384 446102 or email suitable MS Word Format CV's to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.