Very Attractive + Benefits
Senior Satcoms Operations Engineer - Permanent - Attractive
Aerospace and Defence - Hertfordshire and Wiltshire
Due to expansion a Senior Satcoms Operations Engineer is required within a leading Telecoms, Satellite and Space Systems Technology Company. The successful Senior Satcoms Operations Engineer will be involved in establishing the requirements for the UK's next generation of military satellite system.
The Senior Satcoms Operations Engineer will be developing system architecture that brings together cutting-edge technology and innovation from the defence and commercial satellite communications sectors. The Senior Satcoms Operations Engineer will also apply industry best practice to support military customer environments.
The Senior Satcoms Operations Engineer must have an engineering understanding although the emphasis of this role will be more on operations management, commercial acumen, and service delivery.
The Responsibilities for the Senior Satcoms Operations Engineer
- Support detailed discussions with potential suppliers.
- Supporting in-house readiness and support activities including training and knowledge transfer.
- Communicate, present, and clarify business and telecommunication practises on a satellite.
- Supporting the tender management process including preparations, assessments, and negotiations.
- Providing understanding of satellite and network operations into responses to bidder questions.
- Communicate and present business and telecommunication standards.
- Provide advice on through life support, integrated logistics support and maintenance.
- Define, negotiate, and place OEM support contracts.
- Support the definition of service level agreements in a defence environment.
- Develop, manage, and maintain operational delivery requirements.
- Conduct bidder proposal assessment reviews against defined criteria and report findings.
- Define service management architectures for current and next generation satellite networks.
- Deal with service management issues and inputs into next generation system requirements capture.
- Use industry best practice frameworks to guide service operations and integration.
- Ensure network design adherence to appropriate standards and ITU regulations.
- Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings with MOD, bidders, etc.
- Ensure integration with the other MOD work-streams and programmes to ensure uniformity.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required for the Senior Satcoms Operations Engineer
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent preferred
- Must be a UK national (due to potential sensitivity of work to be undertaken).
- Security Cleared or the ability to attain this and a Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
- Track record of taking full responsibility for the delivery of critical deliverables and tasks.
- Evidence of being able to manage tendering processes within tight time-scale and budget constraints.
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise, and unambiguous documentation at detailed level.
- Systematic and thorough approach to Systems Engineering using industry standards.
- Business acumen to understand commercial implications and ability to communicate to the customer.
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to present unambiguous presentations.
- Experience of working in the communications sector and the satellite or network operations sector.
- Exemplary customer-facing presentational and communicational skills.
- Experience of service delivery engagement on the UK Military Satellite operations
- Understanding of Systems Engineering Assurance processes, and architecture design principles.
- Knowledge of the resource planning and delivery of communications services over satellite networks.
- Knowledge of the operating framework used by satellite communications / telecoms operators.
- Business acumen and commercial experience to understand commercial impacts of technology.
- Ability to write clear and concise bidder responses and produce tender documentation.
- Experience of military satellite communications networks operating in stressed environments.
- Experience of service delivery engagement on the UK Military Satellite ops.
- Experience with Network and Service Management technologies and developing SLAs.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Senior Satcoms Operations Engineer, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either 01384 446102 or email suitable MS Word Format CV's to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.