Highly competitive salary and package
4 months ago
Senior Sales Executive (Business Development Manager) - Food Packaging
UK based - Highly Competitive Package
My Client supplies premium thermoformed packaging solutions to a wide range of customers and markets including FMCG brands, retail packaging, consumer, commercial and industrial. Working alongside the Sales Director and Managing Director, this is a business centred around innovation, excellence, and new product development. They design and manufacture bespoke packaging to meet their Client’s needs.
What makes this business unique is that most products contain recycled material (rPET). This not only demonstrates sustainability but also focuses on the protection of environmental factors too. The Senior Sales Executive will be tasked with developing and winning new food sector business with a sound focus on innovation, solutions, and relationship management. This role requires pacakaging awareness, where possible sector relevant contacts, but also a strategic sales approach.
Your duties & responsibilities will include the following:
- To deliver your budgeted sales revenue at the agreed Gross Profit Margin % in the current and new market sectors to build up an ongoing sales pipeline enabling delivery of your monthly strategic sales budget.
- To build and continuously renew your sales pipeline by understanding customer needs and suppling innovative advice to achieve customer’s aims. Apply value price management techniques to all sales.
- The role is 100% new all year round business
- It is targeted at securing All Year Round contracts of two and three years duration
- Identify new prospects and ensure efficient delivery of orders.
- Understand and follow process surrounding Service Level Agreements
- Delivering the monthly Company’s sales and related gross profit targets.
- Develop long term relationships with newly gained customers.
- Enhance the chances of designs being converted to tooling orders by advancing projects to exceed 80% probability.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on the best production technologies for the customer.
- To liaise with new customers and the internal and external Sales Team and Technical Team who deal with design, prototypes and tooling on new projects.
- Implementing the costing and quotation process on new enquiries or projects.
- To assist the Sales & Innovation Director in the preparation of Sales Budgets and analyses, also to provide input and advice on aspects of the marketing plan e.g., market "intelligence" obtained and useful marketing campaigns.
We are looking for the following:
- A motivated and solution driven Senior Sales Executive. where possible with experience in the rPET packaging arena who understands the opportunity for recycled packaging within the Food and FMCG sectors.
- A successful strategic senior level Sales Executive looking for a new challenge
- An excellent communicator and relationship builder
- Be self-discipline to manage workload autonomously, working between home and office when required
- Experience or contacts with major FMCG brands and retail would be highly advantageous
- Strong commercial acumen and an eye for innovation
If you feel you have the skills, experience and expertise to support this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.